Here's what you'll need in order to get staretd with online food ordering and curbside pickup:
- Identify an abbreviated (or full) menu to accomodate your customers
- If you go under Sell > Commerce > Sales Report, you can identify your most popular products
- Plan some items with limited quantity available in order to ensure people order early (e.g. a popular dish, limited meal kits, a free bottle of wine, etc.)
- People need motivation during these unique times, so keep it fresh, keep it exclusive and keep them interested
- Determine if you're ordering delivery or curb side pickup or both.
Feel free to watch the video and see how each piece was setup. And yep, there's a learning curve, even I ran into a few things, but sure enough we're looking into a more efficient process to enable these capabilities. In less than 30 minutes you can start offering food service with curb-side pickup.
Launching Online Ordering and Curbside Pickup Options in PeopleVine from PeopleVine on Vimeo.
Selling Food on PeopleVine
There are two ways you can go about selling food and taking orders:
- Setup an ecommerce store/category allowing you to list products for sale, capture variations (e.g. sides, mods, etc.) and provide a shopping cart experience. In addition the ecommerce route allows you to offer delivery (as well as both offer pick-up)
- Leverage our events and ticketing engine to setup a limited quantity experience for each time you serve meals.
Setup an eCommerce Store
Your site has ecommerce built-in, simply go to Sell > Commerce > Setup New Product to add a new product for sale, then follow these steps:
- Set it as a physical product and then add at least the product title, attach a graphic and enter a price. These are the minimal options to allow ordering, however we recommend adding inventory to control availability.
- If the product has variations, you can either 1) setup a parent/child product relation (if different pricing) or 2) simply add a drop down or text box attribute.
- In additon, you can set member only pricing by adding an additional pricing level and assigning it to specific membership tiers.
Setup a Curbside Pickup Form
You can quickly setup a form where people can notify you when they have arrived for their pickup. This form can constitue things like:
- What type of vehicle are you in?
- What color is the vehicle?
- What area did you park?
As soon as someone completes the form, your staff will get an e-mail that someone arrived.